Subscription Concerts 2017-2108
Happy 21st Birthday to the Gresham’s Subscription Series! To mark this milestone we have another series of concerts in celebration of music in its various genres. There is a brand new way of booking your Subscription Concert tickets plus some slight changes to the scheme, see below for more details.
Befitting the All-Steinway status of the School, Nikolai Demidenko returns to open the series in October with a magnificent programme of Chopin and Beethoven. Jazz has proved itself to be a popular part of the series and the opportunity to get Ronnie Scotts’ All-Stars back to Gresham’s was too tempting to refuse. In January they present ‘1959: The year that shaped jazz’. We are delighted that the European Union Chamber Orchestra continues to work with our musicians and in February they are joined by the National Youth Choir Fellowship (8 chosen singers from NYC) and our own Schola Cantorum. Two days later EUCO, Schola and the Fellowship are performing in St John’s Smith Square in London. Classical Guitarist, Morgan Symanski has been described as ‘One to Watch’ by both Gramophone Magazine and the BBC Music Magazine. He visits in May for a concert and workshop and in June we conclude the season with Voces8 who wowed us with their vocal prowess when last here.
As in previous years you can take advantage of the subscription scheme and buy tickets for all five concerts at the heavily discounted price of £80 – an irresistible price to see such a stellar series of concerts on your doorstep. Please note that this year all concerts will take place in the Auden Theatre at 7.30pm.
We value your continued support and look forward to seeing you during the forthcoming season.
Nikolai Demidenko (Piano) – Wednesday 11 October £30
Ronnie Scott’s All Stars – Wednesday 17 January 2018 £25
EUCO & The Fellowship – Monday 19 February £38
Morgan Szymanski (classical guitar) – Wednesday 16 May £22
Voces8 – Tuesday 5 June £25
HOW TO BOOK…
There is a brand new way to book online for the Subscription Concerts – online booking available now!
- You are now able to book your seats for the Subscription Concerts online, and print your tickets at home if you wish.
- Just book your seats for each individual concerts in the Main Events Calendar in the What’s On tab. You can even choose a different seat for each concert!
- The series discount will be applied to your cart automatically once you have chosen your seats for each of the five concerts.
- You can also buy tickets for the individual concerts online now i.e. there is no longer a priority booking so no need to wait.
- Booking in person, by phone and by email is available from the start of the new term in September. Any bookings submited by post, (enclosing an s.a.e and cheque payable to Gresham’s School), plus any box office messages and emails will be being checked intermittently over the summer, approximately every week to 10 days. We would strongly advise online booking.
With our new seating now installed, please note there are changes to the row and seat labelling. Here are the notable differences:-
- Row A (formerly D) is on entrance and stage level i.e. no steps.
- Wheelchairs users please book a seat in the diagonal sections of Row CC and you can be seated in the triangular area behind.
Accessible seats tend to book up fast. If you need an accessible seat the Box Office can offer advice on the most suitable available seats. But please note the Box Office is closed over the Gresham’s School Summer Holidays reopening 4th September, with only intermittent checking of messages and post so online booking is strongly advised.